Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chris Benz on his Manic Panic Pink Mop


Shockingly bright pink hair has been in style for quite some time now—just look at ELLE September cover girl, Katy Perry. Some A-listers (ahem, Alessandra Ambrosio ) even extended the trend to their pups. But one of the best highlighter dye jobs in Hollywood sits atop Chris Benz's head. As ELLE pointed out in this piece on the designer, "real men wear pink."


Benz recently told Fashionologie some intimate deets of his dye jobs, such as that he uses Manic Panic formula about once a month, but doesn't mind when it grows out. "I feel like roots are really important right now," he said. Potential runway beauty trend?

He also explained why he chose his statement locks in the first place. "It was that winter in New York when it was like endless, and everyone was dying, and it was pouring down rain," he said of the storm 2012 winter season. "Every single day it was snowing…And I was like, I don't know, I need to get a tattoo or pierce my ears or something, and everyone was like, no, just dye your hair because you can always dye it back, and you'll feel like you did something exciting in the midst of this terrible winter. So I went to where I get my hair done, looked at a bunch of colors, and I was like, 'Bleach it white, and then we're going to dye it a color and be done with it.' And after it was white, I was like, let's just do it pink. I think it'll be funny and fun. And that was it. And the rest is history."





No comments:

Post a Comment