Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jason Wu and Diane Kruger Toast ACRIA's Inaugural Summer Soirée


All eyes were on Jason Wu last night at the First Annual Summer Soirée, a fundraiser for the AIDS Community Research Initiative of America (ACRIA). After waltzing in with Diane Kruger on his arm, he welcomed attendees like Kate Young, Giovanna Battaglia, and an entire table of top model friends at the candle-lit penthouse venue of The Glass Houses in Chelsea to make a speech. "I'm just really proud to do something that's not selfish," he said. "ACRIA is a charity I really believe in. We hope to carry [tonight's event] on and on, and on, and on, and on...until they move me to the big boys' table."

Earlier this week he did make a move, taking on the artistic director role at Hugo Boss Womenswear. While Wu was tight-lipped about the new venture, he eagerly shared details of another project featured last night. Wu teamed up with artist Nate Lowman on a cotton T-shirt of which 100 percent of the proceeds will be donated to ACRIA.




Wu, who joined the board of Young Friends of ACRIA last year, told ELLE.com, "As a designer of my generation I wanted to do something that involved my peers and work with other creative people to really give something back." The shirt features one of Lowman's signature bullet-hole motifs. "Nate's work has so much depth and texture, and I really felt like that was a great image to replicate," he added, "It is my first item that could actually be unisex!"


Kruger told us she only recently heard of ACRIA while on a trip to Coachella with the designer. The actress, who looked flawless in head-to-toe Jason Wu, said, "For me, Jason is very feminine and kind of classic, which is what I like. He has great craftsmanship. I love his story, the way he came into the industry, and the way he has risen every season gets better and that's wonderful. He loves women!"

No comments:

Post a Comment