Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Vintage Shopping Just Got a Whole Lot Easier


Current/Elliott is taking the guesswork (and legwork) out of scouring flea markets and antique shops. Loved and Found, a new editorial concept that launches today, makes a vintage score as easy as the click of a mouse. For the launch, Current/Elliott CEO and creative director Serge Azria teamed up with Taylor Tomasi Hill and her husband, Chase Hill, to curate their own special capsule of pieces. A first look at their selection debuts exclusively here.

“We wanted to curate a unique shopping experience for our customers, a platform to share our passion for denim and all things vintage,” Azria told Style.com. “I automatically thought of Taylor—she has the ability to know what’s cool before it’s cool. As both a tastemaker and style influencer, I trust her eye, as well as Chase’s, to find covetable items both new and old.”

“Serge has a distinctive eye, and I know what he’s looking to offer the Current/Elliott customer,” Tomasi Hill said. “The goal was to find loved items at attainable prices so anyone and everyone can find something special.” Tomasi Hill, whose résumé includes accessories director at Marie Claire; creative director of Moda Operandi; and, most recently, working on her floral company, TTH Blooms, has been honing her vintage skills since she was a teenager. “I started back in college at the Salvation Army stores all over Brooklyn,” she said. “I got pretty addicted to searching for the needle in the haystack, and once I found that gem, I wore it out.”



The Hills have traveled to upstate New York, Pennsylvania, and Las Vegas to find pieces like a Navajo rug, a chipped Boston Terrier statue, and a bronze walrus paperweight (all pictured above), but they will soon head to Dallas, Rhode Island, and California to continue their search.

Tomasi Hill’s number one tip for successful vintage shopping? “Always have someone whose taste you respect to bounce your possible purchases off of,” she said. “My husband and I know we work well when it comes to decorating with vintage finds. We’ve only disagreed on two items in our home. I bought a florists sink after he said no, and I had it brought to New York without even thinking if it would fit in our tiny elevator. After hours of trying, we finally got the sink in the house, and it’s my favorite piece. He bought a boat painting I despise, and every time I catch a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, I just laugh and think, I have my sink.“

Loved and Found launches today on currentelliott.com/loved-and-found.

No comments:

Post a Comment